Background - Worknet supports managing Slack messages in Slack connect channels with customers as well as Internal support channels like help-desk.
For Slack connect channels, Worknet can automatically identify the support team (vendor) and the customer (service requester). It is done by the Slack Workspace team.
When it comes to internal support channel there is no automated way that allows to determine it reliably. In such case there is a need to identify the team members that are providing support in each channel. As an example, if it's an IT help desk - you'd need to identify the IT team members that provide the support. Another example is when it's a support channel that helps Tier 1 support agent to get help from their Tier 2 team. The members of the Tier 2 team need to be identified.
The support team can be defined when you invite Worknet to a new channel or after it was done.
1. When inviting Worknet to a channel you'll get the following message
- Click on the Design internal team members button and skip to item 3 here.
2. When Worknet was already invited to the channel - you'd need to use the Slack message short cut to get to the define team members
- Click on the "More actions" button in one of the channels you added Worknet to
3. In both cases when you click the Define support team
- You'll get this UI modal
- Select that users that are part of the support team and click [update[